
Well, I've taken some video in Kansas, but I haven't been able to upload it until now, so I figured instead of waiting and being way behind, I'd just skip. It's mostly negative anyways. Wind. So I figured out I have a new super power in addition to Preg-dar. I can control the wind. That's right. Whichever way I decide to bike, the wind will go in the opposite direction at 15 to 20 mph. I've been able to do this for about a week, since I left Denver, and I imagine I will be able to do it until I get out of this hell known as the Midwest. And you know what else really peeves me. These people who STARE. I mean, they have no shame. I am avoiding looking at anybody, because when I do, I usually find them staring at me, which makes me angry. These are the people that run, own, operate the horrifying cattle yards, then go eat a Big Mac. Who should be staring at who? Oh well.

. . . and to go along with the wind and the zombie stares, I have managed to get a hole in my tire exactly halfway between Denver and Oklahoma City, the only places where there are bikes shops. I've been averaging 3 flat every 2 days the past two days, and am about 4 days from Oklahoma City with only 2 more patches. You do the math. Sorry for being such a downer. I'm kind of having a hard go of it right now. It'll work itself out though. Peace.
4 comments:
love the beard. just transferred all my blogs from tumblr onto here im gonna update on here now. i just read your comment about the movie with landon. i knew about it but i didnt know it was directed by drew barrymore. HOLY SHIT! I love her. man im jealous. she is one of my favorites!
gregg take a dollar bill and fold it in half long ways so it more looks like a square than a rectangle then put that sucker between the tire and the tube the bill won't tare and it will keep that tube form bulging out and causing more frequent flats.
it is the closest thing you can probably do with what you have. also walmart haas patch kits as well as target. any where that sells cheap bikes will have patches.
good luck and at least you are not riding a donkey. and hope that seat is feeling nice.
im sorry youre having a hard time. im praying for you and i hope it gets better soon. damn wind.
Condo's a lifesaver - seems like great advice to me
Sorry to hear things are rough right now. Keep pushing, you're a champion
Next time someone from the midwest stares at you, just give them a big grizzly smile and they'll shutter at the sight of your pleasure.
Post a Comment