So a couple days ago I was feeling pretty down because I accidently ran a red light in Prineville, OR, and they let me hear about it. "Piece of Shit" and "Dumbass" were my titles for that afternoon. So I got a good distance out of there, and found an old abandoned building to put tent up behind. I was having trouble falling asleep (usually I'm out as soon as the sun goes down) so I stepped out to get something off my bike or something, and looked up, and there were those stars. I've lived in a city most my life, but I have seen some really brilliant nighttime skies, so it was just nice to see them again. Keep in mind, I'm in the high Oregon desert. So as I'm sitting there, I decided it was a shame I didn't know any constellations.
The next day, I stop in at this town for lunch, and the diner I go into, it's just me. So the lady is a talker, and we get to talking, and it ends up she has a book with a map of the constellations . . . just for July . . . just for Oregon. So I've been learning constellations. I like Ursa Major.
Then I finally met another guy that was doing the coast to coast thing in a church that lets bikers take a shower and sleep in their building. He's going west, but it was still good to meet and talk to someone "like me". The next day I pass, going in the opposite direction some more bikers and we stop and chat, and one of them is a guy I've never met but finished the AT 3 days after me last year. NUTS! Then I met a regular citizen from South Dakota that is looking to move out here because Oregon has the Right of Death law. Raise your hand if you've heard of that. Anyways, I took a day off and drove around looking at different towns with him, he was shopping, I was resting. So it's been good to interact with people other than my occasional echo and the blank faces of livestock I whistle at. Still haven't met anyone doing what I'm doing going my way though.
Also on a night that I couldn't get to sleep, I had an uncannily certain feeling that somebody I know is pregnant. I know Jennica is, and Jennifer Crook, but somebody else just might be too. I've always wondered what my super hero power was. Nice to finally know. I think it's gonna be kind of wierd coming up with a costume for Preg-dar though. I'm not very fashionably inclined. I had a feeling of who, but I won't reveal that just yet. I guess time will tell. And if you know of anything, PLEASE let me know. BABIES!
And for your wiewing pleasure . . . somebody wrote inspirational message on the side of the road for bikers, and I took pictures of those messages with various forms of my nemesis . . . traffic. I generally resented the messages.
No traffic, I know. It was hot, I was tired.
3 comments:
i know someone who's pregnant.
I'll let you guess though
But here's a clue:
egan mburn
you do have preg-dar...thats weird. ya know what else is weird. i live in knoxville now!!!!! i just moved in with snider and mills. i got my room fully unpacked today. I did it in two and a half days SON!!!!!!! i am happy to hear youre making friends, even if just for a brief moment in time. please do more videos though at least every once and a while.
Sleep well my friend, the traveler.
i'll leave another hint: arren elsch
: )
Post a Comment